Advantages and disadvantages of TPR
- It is fun and easy
- It does not require a great deal of preparation on the part of the teacher.
- It is a good tool for learning vocabulary.
- Class size does not need to be a problem.
- There is no age barrier.
- It is not a very creative method. Students are not given the opportunity to express their own views and thoughts in a creative way.
- It is easy to overuse TPR.
- It is limited, since everything cannot be explained with this method. It must be combined with other approaches.